Memory Care facilities are for seniors with all forms of Dementia and all stages of Alzheimer’s Disease in settings that offer special services,
security and protection.
- These facilities are “secure” or “locked” which means that the outer doors of the community are locked so residents are not able to wander out of the community unattended.
- All indoor areas and secure outdoor spaces or courtyards allow residents freedom to safely enjoy walks, gardening, socializing or other scheduled activities.
- Staff members have been specially trained to assist seniors who have memory impairment and are sensitive to their special needs.
- Targeted programs, social activities and interaction are offered on a daily basis to help maintain memory and physical functioning with dignity and compassion.
- Care and health services are available by Certified Nursing Assistants and Licensed Nurses 24 hours a day. This care option is best for seniors with moderate to advanced memory challenges and those with strong wandering tendencies or difficult behavioral issues.
NEXT: Nursing Home