Retirement Communities or Independent Living facilities are for seniors who do not require personal care but want the convenience and security of a senior based community.
- Housing options can vary from 1 level homes or cottages to manufactured homes or apartments.
- Featured amenities include: Living rooms, kitchens, 1-2 bedrooms, 1-2 bathrooms, washers/dryers and private patios or balconies.
- Most Independent Living facilities offer some or all meals, housekeeping, linen service, landscaping services, activities and transportation and are normally included in the monthly rent.
- Some communities offer a fitness room, swimming pool and club house for large family gatherings or special events.
- This is the perfect choice for active seniors who are ready to scale down into a smaller living arrangement without the daily stress of maintaining a home and yard. Independent Living strongly focuses on socializing and maintaining an active lifestyle in a positive and safe environment.
NEXT: Continuing Care Facility